Creamy, Spicey Chicken with Aubergine & Mashed Parsnip
2 Chicken fillets, sliced into thin strips
1 Red onion peeled and chopped
80g Chorizo sausage chopped into thin semi circles
1 or 2 Aubergines, thinly sliced lengthways
1 large Parsnip, peeled and chopped loosely
A large handful of Mangetout
80ml single cream
For the marinade:
Juice of half a lemon
2 Cloves garlic, peeled then crushed or grated
1 Chili, chopped finely - you may take the seeds out if you like it less spicey
1 small handful of oregano, basil and coriander, chopped loosely
1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together. Put half of the marinade on the Aubergine and mix the other half with the chicken and mangetout; cover and leave for at least an hour.
2. When the hours up; turn the grill onto medium heat and start grilling the marinated Aubergine. You can also put the parsnip on now - I use a steamer but you can boil it in some salty water if you wish. Around 15 - 20 mins should do it.
3. Heat up a large frying pan and add the chorizo. Let the chorizo soften and release all those delicious spicey oils before adding the chicken and the mangetout with the marinade. When it starts to take colour add the onion and reduce the heat to low - medium. Fry for a few minuted before adding the cream.
4. All the time you are keeping an eye on the Aubergine which will need to be turned half way through. When they are done, leave them under a very low grill to keep them warm.
5. The parsnip should be done so take them out and mash them up with a little bit of the olive oil - just a teaspoon should do it. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve the creamy chicken & mangetout over a few large spoons of the mashed parsnip, with the grilled aubergine on the side.
Enjoy x x
Also wanted to recommend a film me and husband saw recently - Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris. A beautiful, fun flick that left us feeling very inspired and in love with a city we've never even visited!